Unlike most other recipes, which have come from people who have used Prayani raita, this recipe is from us. We actually make a Pasta Raita at home, and here is a pretty pasta salad that's inspired from that. Of course, you can use any pasta, but Banza is a favorite, as they have been our go to people for advice.
- ½ cup Prayani tomato raita (Find near me)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 8-oz. Box Banza chickpea rotini pasta
- ½ cup marinated artichoke, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced in half and cut into thin half-moons
For the dressing, mix together the Prayani raita, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and honey. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add about 2 tablespoons of salt and then the Banza pasta. Cook per package instructions (about 8 minutes). Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water to stop the cooking.In a large bowl, mix the pasta with the dressing, then add in the artichoke, tomatoes, olives, and cucumber. Garnish with more basil.